Monday, April 15, 2013

Homemade Pizza

I like to make pizza on Sunday or Friday nights because it is something easy to throw into the oven.  Well frozen pizza is not fitting into eating non-processed food. I want to know what is in our food. I am REALLY working hard on eating healthier food and know what we are actually eating. 

I found an easy pizza dough recipe by Pioneer Woman. Throw everything into the Kitchen Aid and mix it all up. Let it sit for a couple hours or over night. I actually put saran wrap over the stainless steel bowl and let it sit in the fridge for 2 days. It worked out great. 

I pulled it out, cut the lump of dough in half and stretched it out to fit the pan. The sauce was from tomatoes I canned last summer, threw a little tomato paste and let it thicken up.  I cooked up some sausage and sprinkled it on the pizza. I also added spinach to the pizza and topped it with cheese. Baked it for around 20 minutes an wa-la. It really was great pizza. Art told me I can't buy pizza ever again. =)

I had half the dough left, so I decided to make some sound stuffed bread balls. I stuffed the bread balls with the leftover sausage and topped it with garlic butter. They turned out super yummy!






0 comments :