Monday, May 8, 2017

Monday Thrive!!!

It's crazy to me that it is May already! I feel like this year is just flying by. I was going to say I felt like April flew by, but I feel March also flew by. Last week we had some amazing summer weather! It was in the 80's for a few days. We wore shorts almost all week. Shorts and flip flops are my favorite things! 

1) I have been uploading some of my posts to Pinterest lately. I go in stages with Pinterest. Sometimes I go on there a lot and other times I just go on to find a recipe. I do look for meal ideas and paleo type recipes often. I pin a bazillion projects I would like to do that never happen. If you want to follow along with me on Pinterest you can find me under MrsPost08. My goal is to complete some of those projects in the month of June. G will be going to preschool. My goal is to go to yoga a couple times a week and work on projects the other days. You can follow along with me on Pinterest by clicking the Pinterest button on my blog page upper right corner. 

2) BeautyCounter has a beautiful new gift set out for Mother's Day. It comes with a lip sheer, blush, mist spray and a white make up bag. I have talked about how much I love the lip sheers in the past. I love their blush too! I wear the powder and cream blushers. They just are fabulous at staying put! If you add the mist spray to your make up it really helps set it for the day. 

3) I usually keep a blanket over our couch cushions to help with spills and dog hair. I keep seeing these pet covers that covers. These things kind of remind me of the plastic covers that people in North Dakota use to keep over their couches. I remember sliding off couches as a kid. Or in the summer you would get stuck to it. It sure kept those couches from looking brand new even after the springs were worn out. I decided to order one from Amazon for less than $25. 

I just love this thing! I wish I had bought it years before. It keeps all the pet hair off the couch. Sammy likes to lay on one couch which annoys me. It's our newer nicer couch. I have just got done fighting him over this couch and now keep it covered. I also feel like a granny now that I have this. lol

4) I have been on the hunt for a non-toxic and fragrance free dry shampoo. I have been using an organic baby powder that was just not doing anything. I have felt frustrated because I have needed to wash my hair way too often. I HATE washing my hair! I decided to try LuLu Organics Hair Powder. It is a little pricey. I decided to try the 1oz size just to see how I liked it. I have been using it for a couple of weeks and I really like it. I sprinkle it on my hair at night before bed. I pat it into my head, but I don't brush it in. I let it soak in over night. It really helps soak up any greasy hair. I can now wash my hair once a week. 

5) Can we talk about Birkenstock's? I bought a pair of the Gizeh's last summer. I wore them on and off since then. They are the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever worn in my life. I have tried to break them in, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I keep hearing people rave about how comfortable they are. Is it just my pair? Or my feet? I want to love these. I want them to be comfy. I need some comfy mom shoes for summer. I tried to wear them the other day and within 5 minutes I took them off. I went back to my Tory Burch flip flops instead. I seem to wear my Tory's or Havaianas all summer. What are your go to summer shoes? 


Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions are my own. The post Monday Thrive Ideas appeared first on Because Chocolate Can't Get You Pregnant. 

0 comments :