Sunday, May 28, 2017

Weekly Menu - Paleo

Recently a couple people have made comments they miss my menu blog posts. I use to post them every Monday. I changed what I post on Monday's, so I stopped posting my menu. I thought I could still post my menu, but on a different day. 

I have been cooking Paleo for my family now for over a year. I do make G pasta and sandwiches. I am not tempted by either of those things. The only thing I can't resist that isn't Paleo is gummy bears. Lord have mercy if those things are in the house they are GONE! I have asked Art not to bring me any even if I am having a TERRIBLE day because I have no self control. 

At dinner I serve everyone the same meal. At times I do make something a little different for G. He doesn't like stews or soups. I no longer battle with him on those things. If I make stew or soup I just make something for G.  I get a lot of my menu ideas from Pinterest. I have a things pinned on my Paleo board that might not be Paleo standards, but I change the ingredients to thing I can have. 

I recently bought the Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life. I strayed off some of the Wahls Protocol for a month or two. I started to feel really awful again. I have gone back to following her protocol very strictly and I am feeling much better again. Potatoes and sugar are not my friend. Once in a great while I can have potatoes, but I can't make them part of my daily menu. 

I make a main dish and then pick a few side dishes to go with our main dish. I make breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of the week. Once in awhile we will go out to eat. I don't think we eat out more than 3 times a month. G and I might go to lunch with some friends once a month. The 3 of us will go out to dinner maybe twice a month. It's a rare thing we eat out. 

Main Dishes:

Pork Loin
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Sausages
Hot Dogs & Sauerkraut

Side Dishes:
Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted Broccoli
Roasted Carrots
Salad
Roasted Potatoes
Saute Kale
Creamed Spinach
Loaded Cauliflower

The tortillas I make at least once a month and I make a triple batch now. We all love them! I make tacos, quesadillas, and enchiladas with the tortillas. When I make them I have to eat one as soon as they are completed. They are just delicious!  

The pizza crust I make from Juli Bauer Cookbook. It's the best crust! I make my own tomato sauce. I will put mushrooms, spinach, scrambled Italian sausage and Daiya cheese. This fixes my pizza craving every time. 

What are you having for dinner this week?


Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions are my own. The post Weekly Menu - Paleo appeared first on Because Chocolate Can't Get You Pregnant.  

0 comments :