Tuesday, June 14, 2011

DIY JCrew Tshirt Flop

I saw the JCrew tshirt below on Pinterest and wanted it!!! However the tshirt is $70+ bucks.  Ummm I am not paying $70 for a tshirt.  I thought I would try to make one myself....this DIY turned into a flop. :( 

I bought 2 white tshirts on clearance last year at Target for $2.50 each.  They have been sitting in my craft room for almost a year while I have been wondering what I should do with them. My idea didn't turn out like I had envisioned.
I put a hair tie around the middle of the tshirt. This was my first mistake. I shouldn't have put anything around it because it created a tie dye look smack dab in the middle of the tshirt.
Mixed up my hot pink dye.  I found the dye at Wal-Mart for about $2.
Dipped my tshirt in & out of the color


After I dipped it numerous times I let it sit in the dye for about 45 minutes. 
I love the bottom of the tshirt that is hot pink....the middle not so much!  I might just try to redye the entire tshirt!  I wonder if I dye the top if I will get a 2 toned pink....that might look cute.

2 comments :

WARRIOR8708 said...

cool but did you tell everyone that you spent 100 bucks in dye to make a 70 dollar shirt. lol

Becky said...

Mr. Post the correct amount I spent was $2.50 on the tshirt and $2.54 on the dye!!!!