Monday, June 6, 2011

Egg Souffle

I was brave and tried to make egg souffle.  My #1 mistake was I didn't know the correct amount of time to bake the souffle.  I took it out of the oven and it should have cooked for about 10 minutes.  The whole thing fell!  I guess I shook it or set it down to heavy. UGH!!!  The good news....it still tasted DELICIOUS!!!  I didn't take a picture because it was all slumped in the bottom of my pan. : ( 

Egg Souffle

3 Tablespoons Oil
3 Tablespoons Flour
1 Cup Milk
3 Egg Yolks
1 Cup Cheese
1 Cup Ham Pieces
6 Egg Whites

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Beat egg whites into stiff peaks.  I had the egg whites getting beat : ) in the Kitchen Aid while I was doing the rest of the steps.  This worked out great! 

Mix oil & flour in a sauce pan on the stove over medium heat. Slowly start adding the milk until the mix is thick. Remove from heat & add in cheese & ham pieces.  I also threw in 2 pieces of chopped up bacon.  Added a little more flavor.

Fold in the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture.  Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. 

0 comments :