Monday, June 20, 2011

Menu Monday

It's time to make a menu, buy all the ingredients & cook for the week!  I recently discovered a new blog http://www.skinnytaste.com/.  This blog is FABULOUS for low cal & diety type food; however, the food tastes AMAZING!  I am trying a bunch of new recipes this week from the blog. 

1. Shepherds Pie - I am trying skinnytaste.com recipe in place of my own.  I am going to see if the low cal version is just as yummy as mine. One of Art's favorite meals is my shepherds pie.  Hopefully this one will not disappoint.

2. Asian Peanut Chicken Noodles - another from skinnytaste.com.  Trader Joe has a very similar item in their to go section, but it was over 500 calories for a half of serving.

3. Mexican Pizza - A knock off of Taco Bell Mexican Pizza.  I am going to add a little shredded chicken to the top layer.

4. Brussel Sprouts & Vietnamese Shaking Beef

I am also trying out a new breakfast recipe along with 3 new lunch recipes.  Trying to mix it up, so I stay focused on counting calories.  The majority of my grocery shopping this week was veggies. If the lunch items turn out fabulous I will post the recipes.

0 comments :