Monday, March 7, 2011

Never Alone

Three years ago Art & I were trying to put together a list of songs we wanted played at our wedding ceremony, reception & our first dance song.  Talk about a nightmare!  Art wanted to walk down the aisle to a patriotic song.  I was ready to pull my hair out...this is a wedding I kept telling him we need love songs.  One weekend we both pulled out every cds we own, ipods, searched on itunes & the internet to come up with a list. 


I really wanted our first dance song to be "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts.  I felt we had both been down crazy roads to find each other.  Art wasn't a fan of the song for our first dance, but we could use it in another part of the wedding.  As we walked down the aisle as husband & wife "Bless the Broken Road" played.


One night I found Never Alone by Jim Brickman sang by Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum.  We both really liked the song and agreed this would be "our" song.


I wanted to make sure the man I married one day would always be there for me.  I didn't want to end up in a marriage where I felt alone.  What is the point of getting married if you still feel alone.  The only other people in my life that had always been there for me were my parents.  I searched for what felt like a lifetime to find a man that I knew would be there for me and that I could be there for also.


My friend Danielle and I have a saying "It's better to be happily single then miserbly married".  We both use to chant this during our scrabble games.  I always knew within 2-3 months if a guy was worth keeping around and worth my time and sent them packing in a short order.  I could figure out real quickly if I wanted to spend my life with them....none of them made it past 6 months except ONE.  Why waste your time when you know they are future husband material!  One day you aren't going to wake up to prince charming when you have been dealing with mr. lazy!


I was listening to this song the other day and it just comforted me.  I picked a song for our wedding that would come to mean so much more down the road.  As we near our 3rd anniversary I know I picked a great husband who is there for me during the good times & the bad.  I escpecially feel after everything we have been through in the past month I have the best husband. 





Never Alone

May the angels protect you
Trouble neglect you
And heaven accept you when its time to go home
May you always have plenty
Your glass never empty
And know in your belly
You're never alone

May your tears come from laughing
You find friends worth having
With every year passing
They mean more than gold
May you win but stay humble
Smile more than grumble
And know when you stumble
You're never alone


Chorus:
Never alone
Never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly
This isn't goodbye
My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone


Well I have to be honest
As much as I wanted
I’m not gonna promise the cold winds won't blow
So when hard times have found you
And your fears surround you
Wrap my love around you
You're never alone


Chorus


May the angels protect you
Trouble neglect you
And heaven accept you when its time to go home
And when hard times have found you
And your fear surrounds you
Wrap my love around you
You're never alone


Chorus


My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone




0 comments :