Thursday, March 17, 2011

Swiss Chard

Last year we started growing our plants from seeds during the winter.  This way when Spring time came we would have plants to put in our garden.  We decided to try something new swiss chard.  I wasn't even sure what we were going to do with it at the time. 

The next time we went to the farmers market we picked up some swiss chard to try. I made it like creamed spinach. I had bought the red swiss chard & my cream then looked pink. lol It tasted very good, so we kept buying it.

Below is a picture of some swiss chard in our garden (along with some onions & weeds) that has been growing non stop since last Spring.  We have harvested the swiss chard at least 10 times in the past year.  It thrives in the winter months in Northern California.  I still can't believe it kept growing for an entire year.  Looks like we will be having some swiss chard this weekend!

0 comments :