Saturday, March 5, 2011

Train Station Clocks

I have been wanting a train station clock for our living room for the past year.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE these clocks.  I have been trying to find one for under $40.  Hobby Lobby sells them for about $50; however, we don't have a Hobby Lobby anywhere near us.  One day I was reading my Google Reader and House of Hepworths had this post. WHAT!!!! Harbor Freight sells train station clocks????

The next time Art wanted to go to Harbor Freight I was running to the car.  Art asked why I wanted to go to HF so bad because I am not a fan of this store.  I said they have train station clocks and I want to get one.  When we arrived at HF all the boxes were beat up, pieces were missing and I left without a clock.  I was so upset. I was going to see if they would give me a discount on the clock.  Art convinced me that he would order one online the next time he placed an order for work.  He pretty much had to pull the clock out of my hands like a little kid who wanted a new toy. 

I got an email last week from Art that my clock had been ordered.  He brought the clock home to me on Wednesday.  Now I need to find the perfect place to put it.  I have 2 or 3 places in mind, but not sure how they will work.  I can't wait to hang it up this weekend!

This picture is one I sent to my mom to be on the outlook for a similar clock. 

Here is a picture of the clock Art bought for the house!


3 comments :

LWLH said...

Love it...I like the those clocks, but I'd have no where to put it in my current house.

Mandy said...

Crazy-you and your brother must be on the same wavelength. We have the same type of clock in our house, too. Very cool! I love that your's actually says Grand Central on it. Our's is just plain.

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I LOVE these! Seriously, I love my new clock. I see it every day and I still smile. I'm glad you were able to find one. Also, totally random but I love your font you use on your posts.